BIL Pension, for a retirement that suits you
With BIL Pension, build up your savings by choosing the package that suits you and take advantage of attractive tax deductions.
Would you like to make the most of your retirement? Act now to build up personal savings to top up your state pension, with a range of pension insurance products suited to your current and future needs.
Build up your capital to secure the future of you and your family
Prepare for your retirement while reducing your tax
Focus on capital protection or performance
Combine tax benefits
Attractive tax regime in Luxembourg for this type of product
Benefit from significant tax deductions throughout the term of the policy (minimum term: ten years) by deducting all or part of the amount of premiums paid from your tax base.
If you are married, your spouse can obtain the same benefits by taking out a second plan.
When the policy expires, there are several savings repayment options open to you:
- A lump-sum payment,
- Annual lump-sum payments (from the 2022 tax year),
- A monthly annuity,
- A combination of the previous three options.
Whatever your age, reduce your tax base by up to EUR 3,200 per taxpayer per year.
For Luxembourg taxpayers:
The lump-sum payment and annual lump-sum payments are taxable at a rate equivalent to half of the overall tax rate. 50% of the annuity is tax exempt. The other half is taxable as income according to the standard tax rate. Information regarding the applicable tax treatment depends on each taxpayer’s individual circumstances and is subject to changes over time.
We remain at your service to discuss these tax measures in more detail. To see other potential deductions using a simulator, visit www.deductionsfiscales.lu.
As an insurance broker, BIL offers you a full range of solutions. Find the BIL Pension solution best suited to your situation.
With this supplementary pension solution, take advantage of a guaranteed minimum interest rate on your payments (independent of financial market fluctuations), as well as any share of profits, depending on the insurance company's results.
You know the minimum amount of money that you will be paid when you reach retirement age. Start your new life with peace of mind and no surprises.
Depending on your risk appetite, and in collaboration with BIL, you could choose to invest your savings in the diversified investment funds that best suit your profile, such as the BIL Patrimonial1. This non-guaranteed repayment solution based on financial market performance is flexible and dynamic. It allows you to take advantage of potentially strong returns and try to build up a substantial sum for retirement.
With guidance from our experts, you remain flexible with regard to the amount invested and, to a certain extent, the fund chosen.
1 Investment fund with no capital guarantee, subject to market fluctuations, suitable for your investor profile and in compliance with the legal investment limits. Details of the funds can be obtained from branches. Please note that funds may lose value, particularly as a result of the following risks: equity risk, interest rate risk, exchange risk and derivative risks.
The advantages of our solutions
- Choose the amount and frequency of your premium payments.
- Choose the policy expiry date: you can draw on your savings from the age of 60 up to the age of 75, subject to a minimum policy term of 10 years.
- When your policy matures (at the earliest at the age of 60), you can choose between a lump-sum payment, a partial lump-sum payment, an annuity or a combination of the three.
- Entrust the management of your future pension to our fund managers and, together with your BIL Relationship Manager, define your investment strategy according to your risk profile.
- Opt for a risk-free policy with a capital guarantee.
- You are free to designate your beneficiary(ies) in the event of death.