SMS-banking operates through SMS alerts, which you set up depending on your needs.
Request to be alerted via your GSM or smartphone every time that:
- Your account balance exceeds the threshold that you have set (either in credit or in debit);
- Incoming and outgoing funds recorded are above the amount you specified.
What messages can you receive?
Depending on the circumstances, you will receive one of the following messages:
- YOU HAVE REACHED THE UPPER LIMIT;
- YOU HAVE REACHED THE MINIMUM LIMIT;
- INCOMING FUNDS;
- OUTGOING FUNDS.
How do you subscribe to SMS banking?
To request the activation of the SMS banking service:
- Simply visit your BIL branch;
- Phone our Contact Centre on + 352 4590 4590.
How do you configure your SMS banking?
Your alerts are set up in your local branch.
How much does a subscription to SMS banking cost?
Subscription to SMS-banking is completely free.
Do you need to be registered with a specific mobile phone operator?
No. This service is available with any Luxembourg operator. You can also receive SMS alerts abroad, on condition that the agreement with your operator provides for it.